IT Systems and business processes are becoming more complex, and more inter-connected than ever before. Maintain optimum up-time and service availability to your clients by ensuring that any changes to any systems, services or infrastructure is handled in a controlled and calculated fashion.
Change Management is the discipline that allows you to plan, track, approve, schedule and implement your changes in the best possible way in order to provide the best outcome for the business and all concerned.
HelpMaster features an ITIL-based change management module that integrates with both incident and problem management.
Build flexible change management templates that make raising RFCs easy and consistent for your team.
Benefits of Change Management
Benefits of effective change management include:
- Avoid system outages and down-time
- Schedule changes to occur at the best time, and avoid conflicts with other events and changes
- Ensure the continuity and available of services and systems
- Improve communication between stakeholders of systems
- Document system changes
- Get proper approval before any change is performed
- A better understanding of the relationship between corporate assets, systems, people and services
Change Management Features
- Log new "Request for Change" (RFC) requests
- Create a range of Change Request Templates to describe different types of change requests.
- Define a Change Advisory Board (CAB) to vote on proposed changes and other matters. Select from relevant staff member, or skill groups
- Web and Email-based voting for approval board members
- Full audit-log visibility into each change
- Configure for simple changes, or complex, multi-faceted changes involving different teams
- Members of the change advisory board, or voters can vote via email, or via a web-based voting portal. Each voter is given a unique link that will take them to details about the change, as well as the opportunity to vote and provide additional comments.
Full change history is available though audit logs, voting feedback and request for change logs.
Once a change has been approved, automatic logging of the implementation job can be triggered. This job may be linked to the process workflow that describes all of the steps within the change.
Get approval for those changes!
Choose from a range of different voting/approval mechanisms. Select a type of vote that suits the style of change that is being proposed.
Voting types include:
- Majority Vote
- Unanimous Decision
- 1 rejection = total rejection
- Vote race - quickest time to achieve consensus wins!
- Hybrid voting
Approvals can be sent via email, the web, or internally using HelpMaster.